Companies are increasingly making data driven decisions. Our goal at Logical Glue is to put machine learning directly into the hands of business domain experts and analysts, not just data scientists, so they can rapidly extract and operationalize highly accurate and actionable insights from their data.
About the team
Logical Glue is a small yet diverse team with experience ranging from academic and industrial research to building and delivering mission critical, cutting-edge software. Changing the market’s approach to data science is an ambitious goal and requires our team to be agile, passionate and innovative.
If you are interested in working on next generation computational intelligence techniques, solving problems that incorporates cloud infrastructure, distributed systems and cutting edge web applications then we’re the team for you!
What we do
We are breaking new ground in developing a highly intuitive, self service prescriptive analytics platform complete with elegant web services, data visualisations and analytics, underpinned by a highly scalable distributed architecture with our own unique, highly predictive machine learning algorithms.
Making data science accessible for business users is no easy task. But that’s what makes working at Logical Glue so challenging and rewarding.
You’re a self starter who has the drive, integrity and passion to succeed in a fast-growing startup. You're a team player and can adapt to meet the needs of our rapidly evolving business environment
You are passionate about technology, you follow industry trends, you attend meetups and experiment with new technologies and frameworks.
You are well versed in computer science fundamentals, have experience in building and delivering production systems and understand the value of testing, continuous integration, code reviews.
- Good understanding of Java 8 or similar.
- Good troubleshooting skills and willingness to help in customer support duties as needed.
- Experience with relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL.
Nice to haves
- Prior devops/systems administration experience in a Linux environment (Ubuntu).
- Working knowledge of web and network protocols and standards (HTTP, TLS, WebSockets, DNS, TCP etc).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with configuration management tools and a natural tendency to automate.
- Experience in networking, security, hardware and OS performance tuning.
- Understanding of big data technology stack.
- Interest in statistics and machine learning.